Thursday, June 22, 2017

Father's Day ~ 2017

Ahhhh, I feel like I have begun ALL of my blog posts over the last 6 months this way... I PROMISE I am not giving up on my blog. I am finding it extremely difficult to make the time to sit down and post because there is simply TOO much, ALWAYS, going on.  I want to get caught up on the backlog desperately and I am praying it will happen soon.  In the meantime, thank you for sticking around and enjoying the few monthly posts.  

Father's day around here was very chill.  Darren and I actually went out of town the weekend before, so I was not fully prepared, the way I would like to have been. I asked Darren if I could just cook him a nice dinner and told him we would celebrate him with gifts the following weekend.  He was totally fine with that.  The kids had their own homemade gifts for him as well.  

Ty created the word "DADDY", in Roy G. Biv colors, with dominos.  He woke up extra early to work on it. When his daddy walked down, he released the first domino.
Jax created a "Remember When" wall of fame.  He added just a few things to it and allowed his brother and sister to also add to it.  I thought the things they wrote were so sweet.  One of my favorites, which you can't read because it's in yellow, was Ty's message:
"Dad, remember when you lead us to the Super Bowl two years in a row?"
Lilah created a jar of "I love when" or "I love you because..."
The first thing that Darren pulled out of the jar was, "I love when you tickle me!"
Our day started out by worshiping the Lord.  I always consider my King on Father's Day because our earthly Father's WILL fail us, but our Heavenly Father is so unconditionally loving and perfect.


Our Sunday school just so had it planned for everyone to bring a homemade dish for breakfast. I was actually thankful that we had this planned because I was able to cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner for Darren on Father's Day.  For breakfast, I made Creme Brûlée French Toast and fresh sausage links. After Sunday school, we entered the sanctuary to watch a sweet performance.  The children in our church have made it a tradition to sing to their daddies on Father's Day. They work for several weeks, practicing, two songs.  I decided to stand up in the sound room and capture it on video. Enjoy! 


After church, I planned to make Italian sausage, onions, and peppers. I wanted to personalize it, so I just shaped the sausage into the word dad. Hehe.  I served it on fresh pretzel rolls from the Fresh Market.  YUM!
We spent a nice portion of the afternoon at the pool.  Just relaxing.  When we got back, we captures our traditional and funny photo of Darren and the kids smooshing their faces up against the window.  It's our "fascinating pandemonium or beautiful chaos".  LOL! I have been relying TOO much on my iPhone camera, instead of my amazing T6i, so this year's photo is slightly grainy, but it's still so hysterical. They will NEVER beat the first captured, smooshed faced photo though.

Then, we created Darren with MORE food.  The "starter" was shrimp cocktail, served in a "Best Dad Ever" cup. I made him homemade ribs, smashed potatoes, Cesar salad, and garlic knots.  YUM! As they say, "Food is the key to a man's heart!" If that's true, then I sure did complete his Father's Day.  LOL! Wouldn't you agree? Stay tuned soon (I hope) for we decided to purchase for him for Father's Day! He will receive his gifts probably Saturday!
"Daddy's" was served on real plates, but he was already chowing down BEFORE I could snag a photo.  I just chose to eat off of paper plates to make clean up easy peasy.

2 comments:

  1. You know how to celebrate that is for certain. The gifts from the kids are so sweet, creative and from the heart!
    The meals looked scrumptious, and like how you spelled out out dad. I would like to know how you make your ribs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seasoned them with about 10 spices and wrapped them in Saran Wrap for 6 hours. Then, I mixed BBQ sauce, molasses, brown sugar, and pineapple juice together and basted it on the ribs. Grilled them for 1 hour. They were really good. Next time, I'll cook them longer.

      Delete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)